Friday, May 21, 2004

Interesting People Out There...

Just had the following conversation on Yahoo! Messenger.
---- New Conversation [Fri, 7:23 pm] ----
This contact does not support text formatting.
howells_uu says: how are you mr Chaw-lie
Inabeanpod says: i'
Inabeanpod says: I'
Inabeanpod says: im find how are you?
howells_uu says: i am okay
Inabeanpod says: thats good
howells_uu says: i just finished going through your profile
Inabeanpod says: yahoo or one of my others?
howells_uu says: yahoo
howells_uu says: i decide to contact you on a business
that will be beneficial to both of us at the end
Inabeanpod says: oh?
howells_uu says: i have just sent you a mail you can go
through it very well and get back to me
Inabeanpod says: do you have a yahoo profile?
howells_uu says: no the internet is new in my country
Inabeanpod says: what country are you from?
howells_uu says: lome-togo in west africa
Inabeanpod says: I"ve never been there before.
Inabeanpod says: Out of all the people on yahoo with
profiles, what made you pick mine?
howells_uu says: BECAUSE YOU LOOK VERY
DETERMINED AND HARD WORKING
Inabeanpod says: I guess that's a good thing right?
howells_uu says: so i will like you to go through the mail i
sent to you and get back to me stating your interest,
Inabeanpod says: I'll check the email when I get home
howells_uu says: ok that 's good i will be waiting for your
reply as soon as possible
Inabeanpod says: what time is it in lome-togo?
howells_uu says: 12.30in the morning
howells_uu says: so let me wait to hear from you bye
Inabeanpod says: bye
howells_uu says: what time is it in your country?
Inabeanpod says: 7:40 PM
howells_uu says: OK BYE

I don't think I've ever had a random chat with anyone from West Africa before. I did a google search on lome-togo and found Embassy of the United States of America Lome,Togo has a webpage. I'll check for the email when I get home.

UPDATE: Nothing. No email with "a business that will be beneficial to both of us at the end." I though that he would email my yahoo account from his yahoo account, but it doesn't look like it happened. Now I guess I can't turn him down. Oh well. Maybe the internet is too new and he doesn't quite have the hang of sending email? I may never know.

UPDATE: No email this weekend either. If the spam filter caught it, that's not my fault. I'm not gonig to turn it off. I've collected 597 chunks of spam on my yahoo email since I checked it a couple days ago. I don't want all that junk in my inbox!! I guess i'm not going to get an email from howells_uu.

No comments: