Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Complex Infrastructure Known as the Female Mind

I've been given a homework assignment, read The Complex Infrastructure Known as the Female Mind by Relient K and report back what I learned. As the back of the book says "This is a book about girls, for girls--written by some boys."

If the name of the book sounds a bit familar that because it comes from the end of a Relient K song Mood Rings, which I have quoted below.
Mood Rings, Two Lefts Don't Make A Right... But Three Do, Relient K
Mood ring oh mood ring
Oh tell me will you bring
The key to unlock this mystery
Of girls and their emotions
Play it back in slow motion
So I may understand the complex infrastructure known as the female mind
...heh... that was terrible!
So check back often to see what I learn, or don't learn ;)

Update: I'm about half way through the book now. I've learned so far is that this book is for high school students. Thus nothing in this book will apply to me. Relient K has a wonderful sence of humor and I can see why a certian someone had a certian someone else have me read the book as part of their homework assignment.

Update: Finished! Done! Compete! The book has been read. Every girl is exactly as described or not at all like described or somewhere inbetween... no if and or but's about it. That's how every easy to identify group clasification read. And that's no help at all. It's like eneding every statement of fact with "then again I could be wrong... you never know." Maybe I should have known when they started with the following:
If you are reading this, you might be laughing to yourself and thinking that we have lost our minds. 'Relient K writing a book about girls? That's insane.' And you would be right. Sort of right, but not really. We might be insane, or we might not...
I think the book was probably written to plug their new album mmhmm which came out the same year as the book, 2004. ;)

No comments: