Tuesday, October 04, 2005

C. E. Townsend


     Clarence E. Townsend, 96, of Cozad, Nebraska, died September 27, 2005 at the Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney. He was born on July 20, 1909 in Wanette, Oklahoma, to William T. and Laura (Fraker) Townsend.

     On March 7, 1934 he was married to Oma Teague. She preceded him in death on April 29 1971.

     On October 12, 1985 he married Mary Rousselle. She preceded him in death on January 28, 2001.

     Mr. Townsend was a minister for 37 years for the Church Of The Nazarene. After his retirement he served as a supply Pastor for a number of area churches until recently.

     Clarence was a resident at the Beverly Square Assisted Living in Cozad for three years.

     Survivors: One Granddaughter: Alexis (Kirk) Soller McNeal of Kearney. One Great Granddaughter: Lauren Soller McNeal of Kearney. Son-In-Law: Jack Soller of Gothenburg. Two Step Sons: George (Reva) Whitley of Greeley, Colorado and Paul (Barbara) Whitley of Sioux City, Iowa.

     He was preceded in death by his parents, his wives, three daughters; Donna Jean Soller in 1999, Cecelia Ann born at rest in 1948 and Linda Kay who died 8 days after birth in 1946.

C. E. became my Great Grandfather when he married my Great Grandmother Mary when I was 7 years old. He was a part of my life for 20 years. This world is a lesser place with out him.

Save a slice of pie for me in Heaven Grandpa!

1 comment:

@inabeanpod said...

I don't mine being left out. We were related through marriage, not blood, so there really wasn't a need to include a bunch of us.

As far as my Grandma Mary, I don't recall her as Rousselle. My understanding is that she was married quite a bit (because she kept killing off her husbands)... out lived 3 or 4 husbands or something. Anyway, she was not married in my first memories of her. She was always Grandma Mary then. She didn't have a last name. Not that I knew anyway. When she married C. E. she became a Townsend, but was still my Grandma Mary.

As for Chris and I being related... I think you'll have to go back to Noah for that. Cept that means you are my sis... How's that for a creepy thought?