Tuesday, May 31, 2005

You got there so SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!

You got there so SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE! That's what it felt like when I finally made it to Jacksonville. I paid over $200 to be dropped off at the Jacksonville airport at 1:47 PM Eastern, but Airtran had other ideas about me and my money. I got in around 11:50 PM Eastern. Yup, 10 hours late. One would think there would be some kind of compensation for not meeting the agreed time, perhaps some cash back, or a coupon for half off the next ticket, or a voucher for lunch and dinner at the Atlanta Hell Hole... er airport, or even a whole can of Dr. Pepper on the next flight, but no, one would be a fool to think that. Yep, it was "too bumpy" to serve drinks on the Atlanta to Jaxs flight. The pilot said so, so it must be true.

Anyway, once in Jax everyone departs the plane and marches like an army of fools down to the baggage claim, only to watch the conveyer belt to shut down for the night. Well the fools, yes anyone who flys Airtran is a fool, get the bright idea that it will start back up once our bags, which have been in Jax 9 hours longer than we have, are found. Eventually one of the passengers fools who had been stuck in Atlanta Hell with me says "All the bags are upstairs, go up and then to the left." Add that to the list of things Airtran doesn't tell the Fools who give them money. So we head up, I find my bag, and then we get to wait for the car to make it up to the top level as opposed to the bottom level like the original plan had been.

Learn from my mistake, don't be a fool, don't fly Airtran.

No comments: