Friday, May 20, 2005

6:35PM Friday May 20, 2005

Wow what a day! I learned to never fly Airtran Airlines. I few from KC to Atlanta this morning just fine, no problems. After getting to Atlanta the weather got “bad” and the plane I was going to fly down to Jacksonville on was diverted to Macon GA. I’m not sure if that plane ever made it up to Atlanta as my flight was canceled. We were told to stay in the gate area until a decision was made about what to do with everyone who was going to Jacksonville. After waiting for 3 hours we began to think something evil was afoot. Well, after lots of calls to my brother to keep him from wasting his time waiting for me at the Jacksonville airport and to keep mom posted on the developments, I finally found myself in a line to receive my “compensation” for the canceled flight. People were being help one at a time at about 15 mins a turn. I was about #30 in line. As the decade’s drug by I finally was about #10 when the computer system went down. Must be running Windows I said to myself ;) We were then informed that we may have been bumped up to one of the next Jacksonville flights, but they had no way to tell because a different group did that when a flight was canceled and they couldn’t use the computers to see. So we could either stay in line until the computer systems came back up, sometimes up to 4 hours or as little as 30 mins, or we could go wait for these other two flights and see if our names showed up on the list. Well I took the chance that I might get onto the flight leaving around 5:00, so I walked to the other end of the terminal to see. The plane filled with confirmed passengers, then stand by passengers, but none of our names were called. Bummer. So back to the line to see if the computers were up. I guess they were as people were slowly being helped again. One lady going to Jacksonville found out that her name had been on the list for that last plane, that she was confirmed for it and since she didn’t walk on her seat was given to a standby flyer. GRRRR!!! How were we to know if our names were on the list or if we could just go up like our old tickets were good!?!? Anyway I’m now confirmed for the 9:55PM (delayed to 10:00PM or maybe not, you never know here!!) flight to Jacksonville. I’m tired of sitting, and standing, and being cold (the AC works well here). I left from KC at 7:45 this morning to get to Jacksonville this afternoon to meet and hangout with my brothers friends. Not gonna happen :(

1 comment:

@inabeanpod said...

I was gone 2 days, Friday and Monday, what's the big deal?