Sunday, April 11, 2004

From slashdot.org:

RIAA's Nasty Easter Egg

Posted by timothy on Sunday April 11, @05:33PM
from the more-room-for-indies dept.
Bruha writes "It appears the RIAA is being very low key about the fact that the five major labels think that 99 cents per song is too cheap, and are discussing a price hike that would increase the tariff to $1.25 up to $2.99 per song. I was a huge fan of the 99c per song, but if they think that they can raise the price on me just because I don't buy full CDs anymore, they've got another thing coming. Suggestion: make good CDs, and maybe I'll buy the whole thing."


There is no way in the world that I'm going to pay $1.25, let alone $2.99 for one song! The great thing about the iTunes Music Store is that I can buy a gob of songs and $.99 a pop. And all I'm really buying is 1's and 0's... I don't get the actual CD, or the jewel case or the album liner, yet I'm will to spend $.99 for those 1's and 0's. Forcing the price of 1's and 0's up to $2.99 is dumb. That's a lot of money for nothing. $29.90 for a 10 track CD, no way.

No comments: