Friday, March 12, 2004

You name the platform and I can crash it! GRRRR!!! (maybe I shouldn't have fixed that goofed up "I" key on my PowerBook). I broke my PowerBook. I though I wasn't supose to be able to break an Apple computer, but I've done it twice now. I powered up one evening and I couldn't log in to the OS. I don't know what was wrong. Checked the support section of the Apple webpage, and tried all the easy quick fix stuff but no dice. So in wen't the restore DVD. After some goofing around with the DVD and the repair tools I was still unable to get the PowerBook working. So I wen't ahead and "restored" the OS (basicly downgrade to factory defaults). No big deal I figure, all my documents and files and such will probably still be there. They were (yea!) and I could log in (yea!!) but none of the networking is working (BOO!!). Can't get online to download all the system updates and get it back to how it was before... (starts to sob). Now I've noticed that it won't save any of my settings. Say I tell it to turn on the Airport and log onto the best network signal, click apply, and try pulling up the apple webpage. It doesn't work. Go back and check the network settings, and they are all back to how they were before I changed them. Not sure how to get around this one. I'm thinking format the hard drive and resinstall the OS, but that means I need to backup all my doc and files. I wonder if its better to put everything on a bunch of DVD's or cram everything onto my iPod? Maybe both. So life sorta sucks right now. Other than that, I'm looking forward to vacation in a week or so. I hope I can still put digital pics on the PowerBook!!! AHHH!!! I'm going to go pout now.

No comments: