Wednesday, January 26, 2005

They Are Crazy in Florida!

My third installment of "They Are Crazy in Florida!"

OCALA, Fla. -- Two boys, ages 9 and 10, were charged with felonies and taken away from school in handcuffs, accused of making violent drawings of stick figures.

The special education students used pencil and red crayon to draw primitive stick figure scenes on scrap paper... (emphasis mine).

Ocala police said they stand behind the decision to arrest the children.

"When an adult or even myself look at the picture looked at it at first I was thinking there is really not much to the picture or I would not be that scared by the picture those children drew," Ocala police spokesman Russ Kearn said.

I don't get it. I really don't. Will there ever be any end to this insanity?

No comments: