Friday, February 14, 2003

AOL/Netscape had the following story... I though I'd add my comments...

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/love/content.jsp?file=love/fun/singlevalentines.jsp

No Valentine?
Diversions for Singles
8 Ways for Singles to Beat the Valentine's Day Blues

By Patty Lamberti

So you don't have a date for Valentine's Day? No worries. February 14th is nothing but another way for card companies to rake in more money. But we have a feeling that when the clock strikes 6pm, and you're sitting in your apartment, alone, knowing this won't make you feel much better. So here are a few ways to have some fun, either alone or with a lonelyheart of the opposite sex, on this manufactured day for lovers.

February 14th is nothing but another way for card companies to rake in more money. Preach it sister!!



Go to the movies. There's no better way to entirely forget your own life than sitting in a darkened theater. There's a caveat : don't watch a romantic comedy on Valentine's day. The movie theater has an added benefit. It's an often-overlooked place to meet another single. Go with a buddy and perhaps you'll run into two members of the opposite sex in the popcorn line. Ask them out for a drink after the movie.

Couple problems with this... I work. At night. How many members of the opposite sex will my buddy and I meet at the noon show? Odds are I'd go to jail for trying to take a 12 year old out for drinks after the movie.



Belly up to the bar. Plenty of single men and women spend Valentine's drowning their woes at a bar. Let's not mince words - most of them are there to hook up. This is the only night of the year during which a line like, "I can't believe you're alone tonight" will work.

"I can't believe you'er alone tonight" might work, but then it will probably work everytime you try it on someone who's stone cold drunk... Anyways I don't drink. There are much better ways to wast my money.



Tire yourself out during the day. Go running, rock climbing or skiing so that the last thing you'd want to do at night is romance someone. In the morning, you'll be well rested as you listen to your coupled friends tell you Valentine Day horror stories.

Great plan if only I didn't work the night shift.



Rent movies with femme fatales. Every film noir has a femme fatale, a woman who entraps men with her seductive ways, then eats them alive. Modern movies with femme fatales include The Last Seduction, Body Heat and The Man Who Wasn't There. Be glad you are alone. If you had a blind date tonight, she might be fatal.

Let me get this straight. You think I should go rent some crappy moive I don't really care to see? That's supose to make me feel all happy and perky on the most depressing day of the year? Oh yeah, what if I was a girl?



Go out clubbing. Clubs are full of single people on Valentine's Day. There's nothing like sharing sweat to instigate an intimate moment.

Again there is the work issue. Also I've not heard of too many girls who like sweaty guys.



Plan an auto erotic night. You don't need someone else to physically gratify yourself. Afterwards, you won't have to talk or share a cigarette.

I guess Patty's going to be doing the female version of spanking the mokey or the hand jive... I guess this is supost to go along with renting dumb kinky moives that we really don't want to see. I guess if this way to have fun isn't talking about masterbation, then physically gratifying myself must mean holding my own hand? That doesn't sound like very much fun.



Chat online. Lots of lonelyhearts visit chat rooms on Valentine's Day. Maybe you'll find one to hang out with by Memorial Day.

Finally somehting that might work for me... but I'm not going to do it :)



Plan ahead. Get a date before Valentine's Day. Don't tell us you can't meet anyone. Maybe it's time to try your luck in a personal ad. Our personals site has lots of great singles, waiting for someone like you.

I've got a personal add. They don't work.





Copyright 2003 Fun Online Corporation.

No comments: